Friday, October 10, 2014

knock off bags

Went to Nassau Educators Federal Credit Union today. I have banked here for at least 20 years and have seen it grow from one location in Nassau to about 6. I love the one out by Roosevelt Field Mall.
Fridays are always busy because it's payday. I'm amazed at how many people have to come to the bank to cash or deposit their check. Anyway at the bank waiting on line to get cash for my Dad. Over my right shoulder I hear a commotion. 2 relatively well dressed women, who appear to be teacher's are arguing over what they thought was a Louis Vuitton bag.. I have carried knock offs and I have sold knock offs. There are many good ones out there. This one was not any good. You can go online and learn the tricks of the trade to know what to look for. The ones they have these days are pretty good, not great, but if you do not know your bags, you would be fooled. I can tell because I used to sell them, for the record, never Vuitton.
For the most part, they have it figured out. The exterior, the hardware, everything. Two things give them away for me, the weight and the interior. Louis Vuitton bags are always heavy, there is some heft to them. And while the pattern in the interior may be different from line to line, it is never cheetah print. big red flag, flashing red lights! I looked at it and just smiled. And to think, there 2 ladies, that were arguing over this bag are educators! Teachers! Arguing over the validity of a bag, because one moved it, ever so much, with her hand when she went to put her own bag on the counter where you sign your check, or fill out your deposit slip. And this chick flipped!! Accused the other one of trying to steal her bag, that was $2100- I thought to myself a real one would be $2100, not that cheap copy you're carrying. they got right in to it! My time was done, I had the money my Dad requested and I left as 2 people came from behind the front desk to break it up and I realized that I had spent $2100 on a handbag, that was probably on the floor of my closet..

No comments:

Post a Comment