Saturday, May 16, 2015

Jackie


I have a lot of longtime friends, many of them going as far back as kindergarten.

One in particular has lived a pretty colorful life. He has been all over the world. He married late in life after having a child with a woman that he wasn’t even involved with. I have always admired him because he a true free spirit. What attracted him to his current wife? “She made a good salary and knew how to keep a house”. Not exactly romantic love, but everyone is different.

Many years ago, when he wasn’t seriously involved with anyone, he met a woman named Jackie. They hit it off and were a couple for about 18 months. They were a couple as much as anyone could be a couple with this guy. He was in love with a woman that was a mutual friend of ours. She was married, with kids and literally did not know he was alive. Since he couldn’t have her, he had everyone else.

He and Jackie set up house. She worked in the medical field and they seemed happy. She had a job that moved her from location to location, every 6 to 18 months. She liked it. The money was good and she liked meeting new people. She and my childhood friend were together for about a year before she had to move. They decided to make it a clean break. They spent that night before she left having great sex. The next morning, he got up, helped her pack her car and she left.

The next week, he asked his wife to marry him. She was good with the child he’d had and as I stated earlier, she made good money. The best part was they did not live together. She owned a house that she did not want to give up and he liked where he lived, so they decided to maintain 2 homes. He would go to her house, or she would come to his every weekend. Sunday after dinner he went back to his, or she to hers. It seemed weird to me, but worked for them.

2 years after Jackie left, she came back. He saw the car in front of his house, but did not recognize it. When he got out of his car, she got out of hers, yelling “I’m back!” At first, he thought she just came to visit. He then realized that she had come back to stay. To say he panicked was an understatement. He called me from work the next day, asking what he should do. He had not told her he was getting married, even though the talked roughly every 3 months. He didn’t tell me until the last minute and I was invited by text.

She explained to him that she had accepted an assignment about 2 towns over from where he lived and had given up her apartment. She had brought only what she needed and was ready to resume her life with him. This guy wouldn’t even let her in the house. His wife lived less than 10 minutes away by car and his neighbors knew he was married. He proposed that they go out to dinner. He took her to Applebees (this was their favorite restaurant) and told her she could not move in. Told her he was married, about his living situation. She remained calm, but was very angry. He told her he had a friend she could move it with (this was a woman he had an ongoing relationship with. He has paid her rent for probably the last 10 years….ssshhhh, it’s a secret). In the end, while she was upset, she appreciated him helping her. Her assignment was for 6 months to a year. She called the company she worked for and opted for the 6 month assignment. Happy that she was happy, they started having sex again. He even took her away to AC for being so agreeable. And every Friday, he left work early and went to his wife’s house, if she did not come to his.

He had to be careful. He was actively involved with 3 women. Only the one whose rent he paid knew about the other 2. It took some careful planning, but he pulled it off. He spent holidays with all 3, explaining that he was on call at his job and had to leave early, or get there late for that reason.

This is a man that made good money at his job and because of his trade, does work on the side. He makes at least $250,000 a year. He learned early how to hustle, because his father hustled. His father provided for his family, although he did have more than one family. His mother knew, and drank to dull the pain. His mother passed and then his Dad. At this father’s funeral, 2 other women and 3 children showed up, claiming to be related. He was happy his Mom did not have to witness this, because if she did, it certainly would have killed her. His sister asked them to leave and there was big ruckus. The Funeral Director finally had to ask them to leave.

Every Friday night, when he went to his wife’s house, they had Chipotle. He loved Mexican food, having lived in California for many years and traveling and working in Mexico. He thought Chipotle was the best Mexican food he’d ever had for the price.

So he would leave his job, run errands and then go to his wife’s house. He didn’t like going when she wasn’t here. She had 2 adult children that he thought were lazy and did not like to be in the house with them when their mother wasn’t home. And every Friday night, his wife would go by the Chipotle near her job and get dinner for him. When she got home, she put his burrito on a plate, with guacamole, salsa and chips and opened a Presidente for him. She sat and listened to him talk about his week; lovingly watch him eat that burrito.

He would always call me during the day, never at night (“night time is for my women”). One morning he called me and I could tell he was worried. “Jackie wants to meet me for dinner”. I didn’t think it was a big deal…I mean, they were having sex. She knew he was married. Maybe she just wanted to eat out. I told him if he was worried to bring along the woman Jackie was living with. “No, she wants to talk to me alone, about something.” Did he think Jackie was pregnant? “No, we always use protection, I can’t risk taking something home to my wife!” I called him an asshole. He would fuck around on his wife, but wanted to keep her safe from an STD…why not just stop fucking around? “You know me and you know that ain’t possible!” Okay I said. What did he think she wanted? He wasn’t sure, but agreed to meet her at an Applebees in the next county.

He texted me at 5 the next morning, asking if he could call me. I told him I was on my way to work and would call him later in the day.

When I called him, he was calm and relaxed. “Jackie realizes I’m not going to ever leave my wife or marry her, so she’s decided to move on. She’s happy and told me she found someone else.” I was a little shocked. I had met Jackie years ago and I knew she was really smart. I also knew she was crazy. This friend of mine had dated at least 3 women named Jackie and I called all of the “Wackie Jackie”. They were just all crazy. Anyway, I told him congratulations, chatted a few more minutes and then got off the phone.

About 3 weeks went by and I hadn’t heard a word from him. So I called his cell. It was off. I didn’t have another number for him so I checked his FB page. Gone. Now I started to worry. Called a mutual friend of ours that said he had not heard from him in about 3 weeks. I knew his brothers, called them and the only one I could get in contact with told me his brother needed some time with his family and would contact me when the time was right.

What the fuck did that mean?

I pulled up to my job a month later and as soon as I got out of my car, I saw him. He had lost a lot of weight and looked like he had been in a fight. He smiled, said he was happy to see me and I asked if I had time to talk. I really didn’t and asked him if he could come back later. He said he would just wait, that he needed to talk to him friend J.

3 hours later I took my break, and listened to him tell me a story that sounded like something from a movie.

After the dinner at Applebees, Jackie called and said she was leaving that weekend. Could she see him one last time? She wanted to make love to him one last time. He agreed to let her in his house, if she came late. She agreed and came that night. They made love and she left. He checked the house to see if she left anything and she had not.

Friday, he leaves work and goes home to cut his lawn. Leaves his house around 6pm and rides over to his wife. He likes to eat at 6:30 every night. Opens that door, walks in the house. He knows his wife is home, because he saw her car in the driveway.  He looks to right, where her dining room is, and  there’s nothing on the table. He calls her name and notices a few grains of rice on the carpet. When he looks up, his wife hits him full force, in the face with the burrito. Rice, chicken, beans are all over his face, in his hair, on the wall behind him, everywhere. Before he can asked her what happened, she smacks him in the face with the other hand and starts to beat him in the chest. He thinks she gone crazy. She’s crying and spitting and all he can make out every 4th or 5th word is “Jackie”.

I am trying not to laugh, or say I told you so, because he is visibly upset. Turns out, all this time, Jackie had been plotting. She figured out that she was living with his other girlfriend. She figured out where his wife lived and where she worked. And she was mad. And was about to get even.

So, one Friday, his wife goes to Chipotle to get his burrito. She gets in line and notices a woman that gets in line 2 or 3 people behind her. By the time she’s ready to order, this woman is right behind her. The team member asks her what she’d like- “a burrito”. “What would you like in it?”  Before she can say “chicken” the woman behind her replies for her.  The team member asks what else and the woman makes the burrito just like she would. She turns to her and asks her who she is. She replies, “You know me, I’m Jackie!” She replies that she does not know her. Jackie says” Sure you do.” She says that Jackie then begins to blow very slowly in her face and says “You recognize that smell? That’s _____’s cock. I blew him last night, all night, over and over.” He said Jackie then smacked his wife and ran out the Chipotle. They called the police, and asked her if she wanted medical attention but she said no. She just took her burrito, came home and hit him in the face.

And he had to beg her, but she agreed to take him back!!! I was shocked. But she made him cut us all off. That’s why he was off FB. She accused him of having sex with every woman he was on FB with, including me (that did not happen, ever. I kissed him, many years before, when we had both just graduated from high school. He was a horrible kisser and I’ve learned that any man who cannot kiss cannot fuck, so there was never a possibility of that happening. Although, he did offer to take me to Vegas once and also offered to put tires on my car- such a romantic!!). She was understandably broken hearted, but said she could get over it with time. She asked him did he love her. He said yes, but that he was not in love with her. I thought that was cold blooded and told him so. He told me I was too sensitive. She also tracked all his calls on his cell phone, because he was on a family plan. Apparently, whomever is the primary can gain access to all of your texts. That’s when should found out how deep the deception went. She found where he had taken trips with other women and told her it was business related, when it really wasn’t. He bought a woman he knew a car after hers had been flooded during Hurricane Sandy. Helped a woman rebuild her house after a tree fell through it. Gave a woman a pedicure. Paid to have another’s lawn cut for a year. All kinds of crazy stuff. He did it because he was having sex with them. And this is how she found out.

We still talk, but only if he comes to my job to say hi. I refuse to talk to him by cellphone. Don’t want that crazy chick, or any other one calling me about him!

No comments:

Post a Comment